The Shopify multi-vendor marketplace app is for anyone who wants to create a marketplace online. As the admin, they can add multiple retailers to this digital shopping mall and manage how their stores work.
Yelo, by Jungleworks, is a third party multi-vendor application that can help set up such a marketplace easily. Yelo requires no coding, no setup fee and can be launched in a day. With multiple themes to design and customise the marketplace, Yelo takes the trophy away with a list of integration partners that include PayTM, Stripe and PayPal among others.
Shopify Multi-Vendor Marketplace Features
Admins are immensely powerful when dealing with multiple vendors. Some features offered are as follows:
- They can decide commission rates for all sellers and provide different rates for individual sellers as well. These commission rates are either product-based or category-based.
- Admins can use CSV files to append new merchants. Along with sellers, they can add new products to the marketplace using these files.
- Admins can decide on whether to include or exclude products in a marketplace.
- Admins can upgrade or downgrade the plan that a vendor is subscribed to.
- Admins can either allow or restrict a retailer from adding or removing products. They can also automate the product approval process.
- Admins can import pre-existing products into their store.
- Security and access troubles are bypassed effortlessly since only admins can log in from the backend.
- Admins can remind vendors about their orders using the ‘Reminder Feature’.
- If both the admin and the retailer have Business Paypal accounts, the admin can disburse payments to vendors.
- Using the ‘Shipping’ feature, admins of the multiple vendor Shopify marketplaces can compose shipping procedures from their end. Sellers can also arrange shipping operations based on the price or weight of the consignment.
- Admins can manipulate the contents of automated emails sent to and from sellers.
The following are Shopify’s additional features for better working of the marketplaces that they support. Yelo provides the same and much more.
Shipping on the Shopify multivendor marketplace app is an option that allows the admin to manoeuvre shipping operations from their end. It facilitates shipping arrangements from the retailer’s end based on price or weight of the consignment.
- The Seller-Buyer Chat Option
The seller-buyer chat option and the ‘ask a question’ feature on the Shopify multivendor app enable customers to communicate directly with the vendor through a chatting platform. This feature bridges the gap between the two parties by making buying more accessible and transparent.
Some key factors of these features are:
- The admin can enable the features.
- Sellers and buyers can communicate effortlessly using this platform.
- The buyer can now discover easy solutions to their problems.
- Buyers can send messages irrespective of the seller’s online status.
- The admin can also view and track the entire conversation to ensure that quality communication is maintained.
- Tools To Integrate SMS Operations
The multi-vendor marketplace Shopify has now allowed SMS tool integrations. It notifies both the admin and the vendor every time a new order is placed with the company. The tool adds an extra charge of up to $5 to the monthly Shopify multi-vendor marketplace subscription fee.
Commission Management in a Marketplace
Although Shopify has a Sales Rep Commission Management system, it is in no way as extensive as Yelo’s. Here is how Jungleworks do it:
- Product-Based Commission
Product-based commission refers to the rate of payment earned when the vendor sells each product.
- Variant-Based Commission
The variant-based commission is earned based on the variant of products sold by the retailer.
- Category-Based Commission
Commission earned based on the collection or category of products is known as category-based commission.
- Seller-Based Commission
Admins can decide what rate of commission they wish to give to the seller. There is a ‘Commission Setting’ option on the multi-vendor Shopify app that helps them customise payments.
- Global Commission
The retailer selects global commission if they want a standard commission rate for all of their products irrespective of their variants, category, etc. Global commissions can be of the following types:
- Percentage-based commission
- Fixed commission
- Fixed and percentage commission
- Percentage and fixed commission
The Shopify multiple vendors app provides the option to set tax rate manually according to the area of the store. Once that is done, the tax calculation process is automated. Yelo has more options in this area too. They provide the following simple solutions:
- Admin Only
Here, the admin pays the entire tax amount.
- Splitting Among Retailers
Under this option, the tax amount is split among the merchants.
- Proportional Distribution of Taxes Between Vendor and Admin
Admins can also choose to proportionally divide the total tax amount between the retailer and themselves.
Shipping Cost Distribution
Shopify does a good job here by providing shipping cost distribution options like flat shipping rates, calculated shipping rates, free shipping rates, rates for local delivery and customised rates for customers.
Shipping cost distribution with Jungleworks is effortless too. Yelo provides the following options:
- Admin Only
The shipping cost of the products is provided entirely by the admin.
- Splitting Among Retailer
The admin can decide to split the cost of shipping operations among the retailers.
- Proportional Distribution of Shipping Cost Between Vendor and Admin
The admin can also choose to proportionally divide total shipping expenses between the vendor and themselves.
Shopify, although a brilliant app, has limited advantages exclusive to sellers. Most of the features provided by Shopify are to benefit the customers. Sellers are merely the people who regulate these facilities. However, with Yelo, merchants get several advantages too. These are:
- Order update notifications reach the seller.
- Retailers have the option to track the orders.
- Vendors can complete orders from the page dedicated to orders.
- Sellers have the option to check payment methods used by buyers to pay for product(s).
Event-Based Notification Mails
Automated emails rule the day. The Shopify multi-vendor marketplace provides automated email notifications for order confirmations and shipping updates. It can also help one send event-based messages to customers and retailers. Yelo also provides excellent automated email notification options to ensure that everything necessary is accounted for. The types of emails that can be automated are:
- Retailer request emails
Emails are sent to the admin for their approval or disapproval of seller requests.
- Product approval emails
Admins have to approve or reject products before they can be made available on the marketplace. An automated email is sent to the admin regarding this.
- Order placement emails
Retailers are notified via email every time a buyer orders their product.
- Order fulfillment emails
Automated emails are sent to customers once their orders have been fulfilled.
- Reminder emails
Notification emails reminding the retailer about their orders are sent to them on a regular basis.
Yelo, by Jungleworks, is one of the best multi-vendor marketplace builders in the market. In some cases, its features outdo those of Shopify’s, as stated above. With numerous options to help the admin regulate stores, the Yelo application can work wonders for a team dedicated to success.