In every crisis, lies the seed of opportunity. A new wave of ‘hyperlocal’ startups came with people getting laid-off and businesses going bankrupt during the pandemic. The change in lifestyle and the need for convenience has made people change their shopping habits. This has led to a sudden rise in on-demand services and the hyperlocal delivery app has become the choice today.
What is Hyperlocal Delivery?
The word ‘Hyperlocal’ refers to the information that is oriented around a specific geographical area. ‘Hyperlocal Delivery’ caters to the on-demand needs of consumers in a targeted locality quickly and effortlessly.
Hyperlocal Delivery refers to the process of delivering packages straight to the consumer via seller locally. Fast delivery and geographical boundary are the two major USPs of a hyperlocal delivery model.
The Perfect Time to Invest in a Hyperlocal Delivery App
The hyperlocal delivery model has optimized time, cost, and resources for businesses and thereby has become the center of the retail sector. With the surge in technology, people are inclined toward using mobile apps that make their life manageable and easier.
Creating a hyperlocal delivery app is an exceptional solution that fits the modern marketplace requirements.
Technological benefits of a hyperlocal delivery app
- Customers can track their orders in real-time which promotes transparency and wins customer loyalty.
- Targeting a wider audience with an app becomes uncomplicated as the hyperlocal network enables to grasp various localities, and lets customers discover stores nearby.
- With an app, businesses can target multiple markets and even provide services. The market isn’t limited to a specific industry to create a hyperlocal app.
- App technology lets businesses leverage diverse local channels, and offers contactless delivery and payments, just within a single click. In short, an app is convenient and makes management effective.
Reasons to invest in a Hyperlocal Delivery App
- Reliable on-demand supply:
An inventory maintained by retailers results in an adequate supply chain for close proximity and high-demand localities. This helps the hyperlocal businesses to make the most out of the retail stock.
- Supports small and local businesses:
The rise in local commerce has supported the rise in the rural economy and optimized their sales. A hyperlocal model works in the favor of the retail economy and denies the globalization factor.
- Effortless and convenient management:
A hyperlocal delivery app helps businesses control and manage all operations on one single platform making it easier to handle. This lets the local businesses choose to go hyperlocal and scale their business.
An app supports customer retention and increases sales via automation and quick-delivery trends. Delivery automation tends to smooth the last-mile delivery process and ensures a superior customer experience.
Role of Technology in building a Hyperlocal Delivery App
A hyperlocal app ensures easy communication between businesses and consumers making it the backbone of a hyperlocal delivery business. Building a Hyperlocal Delivery app requires certain technology to function smoothly. Clearly, the functioning of an app should be your priority otherwise what’s the point?
The prime technology that ensures the effective functioning of a hyperlocal app:
- Customer relationship management (CRM): CRM lets businesses manage customer interaction and relationships; such as market automation, customer service, lead management, etc. CRM software compiles user data such as personal information, purchase history, feedback, and preferences which can be used by hyperlocal businesses to drive sales and create a better customer experience.
- Supplier relationship management (SRM): SRM lets suppliers or local vendors upload their products and connects them to the buyers. SRM works the same way with suppliers as CRM does on the customer-end, dealing directly with them.
- Navigation system: Integration of a navigation system in an app such as Google Maps ensures effortless delivery with precision. A GPS lets the retailers target a high-demand locality thereby increasing sales and visibility.
- Payment gateway: Digitally set-up payments let consumers have effortless transactions in their preferred payment mode. Payment gateways such as Stripe, and PayPal enable online payments for businesses and consumers worldwide.
Low-cost Hyperlocal Delivery App Ideas
Once you decide to opt for a hyperlocal delivery model, it demands a niche industry, targeted audience, and the geography your business needs to target. There is a broad category of services you can provide through your hyperlocal app in a specific industry. Here is a profitable list of services that you can provide via your hyperlocal app.
As the hyperlocal model is all about targeting a specific geographical area, food delivery can prove to be a major success. To jumpstart a food-delivery business, you can collaborate with local restaurants and delivery partners. A hyperlocal model of a food delivery business will ensure the food’s quality and freshness and super fast delivery. Food-delivery app would be the best venture you can start today.
An app for delivering daily groceries such as flour, rice, salt, and whatnot basic needs; you can opt for a grocery delivery model and partner with local vendors and suppliers for fresh groceries. Quick-commerce has transformed the grocery delivery business by promising 10-15 minutes delivery which has enabled a better customer experience and is expanding business opportunities within this sector. Altogether hyperlocal grocery delivery will never go out of the market as the basic needs of a human being can be fulfilled via grocery delivery.
Other delivery services
On-demand medicine delivery, stationary delivery, fuel delivery, alcohol delivery, etc. are some other delivery app ideas that could prove to be profitable. Targeting people’s needs and ensuring satisfaction and convenience can turn out to be scalable via the hyperlocal model.
You can provide on-demand services such as cleaning services, beauty services, pet care, babysitting, housekeeping, etc. through your hyperlocal delivery app. Hire relevant people to do the work, and offer a wide range of services according to the needs of the neighborhood. Other services can include personal coaching, dance or singing classes, and even virtual training sessions. Analyze the market well and adopt strategies that help you stand apart.
There are abundant ideas for your hyperlocal delivery app startup that you can consider, all you need is a strategic plan and the right features and functionality for the app.
Examples of Top 5 Hyperlocal Delivery Apps
Uber was initially founded as Ubercab in 2009 which has turned into a large technology company that provides ‘Mobility as a service. Uber provides on-demand services such as access to rides, food delivery, couriers, and transportation. Its mission is to reimagine the way the world moves.
Uber’s revenue not only comes from the trip commission but also from ride cancellation, the surge in pricing, and endorsement. Uber’s revenue growth could be explained by its diversified product offerings( such as Uber X, Uber SUV, and Uber Taxi) and surge pricing (increase in price per mile based on demand).
Build your own Uber-like app today with our no-code platform JungleWorks.
Gojek is a super app (that’s what Gojek says itself); one app, and many use cases. From food delivery to transportation, from fintech to automation and bill payments, Gojek covers it all.
It is a versatile app that initially started with a mission to improve the livelihoods of local motorcycle taxis in Indonesia, and became Indonesia’s first decacorn. Given that motorcycles are more affordable than cars, it serves as a huge advantage for Gojek to tap into a large pool of drivers.
ZocDoc offers online services that allow people to find the right doctor and book in-person or virtual appointments. The platform also works as a comparison and rating database. ZocDoc is an easy healthcare platform that caters to the on-demand services of patients and delivers a seamless experience.
ZocDoc doesn’t charge patient fees and ensures accurate scheduling of appointments and that’s why its revenue before the pandemic grew by more than 35% year-over-year.
Invest in Hyperlocal delivery app with Jungleworks
The potential for hyperlocal delivery business is huge and if you’re convinced to start a hyperlocal business of your own, we have got you covered with our no-code stack that lets you manage everything from order management to delivery, that too in one integrated suite.
Request a demo today!
Subscribe to stay ahead with the latest updates and entrepreneurial insights!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get access to the latest industry & product insights.