Headless Commerce: As we foray into newer and better forms of technology, we make the digital space that is much better for all users. The Internet has transformed the way things are done. It is virtually impossible to imagine a scenario today without online transactions being a part of the process. Basically, we have moved on to a convenient and more dependable space because of innovations in technology and the ubiquitous nature of the Internet. All of this applies especially to business and commerce, with online selling becoming the new normal.
What Is Headless Commerce?
With e-commerce outfits playing a deeper role in customer journeys, there has come a need to make things more seamless for consumers. The future is digital and the pandemic that we are facing has only catalysed that process. This is where the idea of ‘Headless Commerce’ comes in.
To understand what Headless Commerce means, you need to be familiar with two important components of digital architecture – back-end and front-end.
The back-end is a hub of databases and commerce features created and developed to ensure that consumers get what they are looking for. Product catalogues, discount codes, customer information, inventory, etc. make up the back-end of any online shopping platform.
The front-end is the digital touchpoint that users experience the back-end features upon. Computer screens, mobiles, social media, self-help kiosks, voice assistants, AI chatbots, etc.
In a traditional interface, both back-end and front-end function together to offer users an end-to-end experience on the same platform. However, not all brands can offer the best of both worlds. Some are equipped with great back-end capabilities, while others make front-end experiences robust and user-friendly. So, a decoupled architecture with the separation of these two core components is what is called Headless Commerce. So, the front-end is ever-changing while the back-end adapts to delivering seamless content to any new interface with the help of API integrations.
How Headless Commerce Affects Online Selling
Since headless commerce involves removing the ‘head’, front-end developers enjoy the freedom to enable drawing content to any device or interface using intelligent APIs. Going headless makes things easier for both practitioners and developers. With the new plug-n-play interface, multiple touchpoints can be created using the same development. Think of it as a make-your-own avatar, where you can pick the outfits you like and change each aspect according to will. A headless first architecture is sure to become the future of online selling simply because of all the benefits it brings.
Some of them are:
- Added flexibility for developers to bring about better architecture.
- Faster and more seamless websites owing to advancement in code.
- Increasing custom application possibilities.
- Low costs because of the use of APIs.
- Quicker speed-to-market possibilities globally.
- Ability to adopt innovative marketing without disturbing the back-end processes.
Online selling would become richer and more dynamic with a headless content management system. Users want snappy websites and faster-loading apps and now, brands can give it to them. Going headless is definitely the way forward, with more and more brands opting for it with each passing day.
Traditional Commerce vs. Headless Commerce
In a traditional setup, the front-end and the back-end are integrated to provide users with a full experience on a single platform. This can be limitative in terms of delivery and layout options. The set frameworks do not allow front-end developers to create more innovation, thus limiting the overall output.
In headless commerce, the back-end is the content repository as usual, but with no front-end, one is free to use any new output to deliver that content. This opens up a world of possibilities for content to be relayed across multiple platforms using diverse APIs. In a sense, commerce operated with a headless CMS can highly expand your reach and bring you closer to more customers faster. The added security benefit is certainly something that vouches for a headless platform.
How Headless Commerce Benefits Businesses
Opting for a headless interface brings your brand various benefits because you are free from the shackles of conjoined front and back ends. Since the possibility of exploring newer and better marketing avenues increases exponentially, your brand can come to the forefront. Here are some of the things that can make a real case for headless commerce.
- Better Content Management
- Every business, whether it provides products or services, needs to create content to market its offerings. It goes without saying that content delivery must be seamless to ensure that your brand’s consistency is maintained. With a headless system, you can assign any content management system as your front-end and take advantage of robust CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager, etc. along with your existing back-end system.
- Greater Flexibility
- With headless commerce, you have the chance to use different systems or platforms to communicate with your audience. Moreover, in this technologically evolving digital ecosystem, consumers demand service on different fronts. With a headless system, you can deliver your offerings across varied platforms with much ease and flexibility.
- Increased Revenue
- Businesses have one endgame and that is to turn a higher profit every quarter. By establishing your brand as an adaptive, modern and uptrend player, you get more market share with your target audience. By expanding your customer base by going headless, your brand value will rise quickly. This in turn will increase engagement and bring home larger profits than before.
- Achieving Consistency
- The secret to becoming a brand that is seen as dependable and a go-to is to remain consistent amongst this ever-changing and fleeting online world. A headless CMS will allow you to achieve exactly that kind of consistency that you need to make your brand a crowd favourite. What customers want from a brand is proper engagement, great offers and good service. A headless system allows you to use different API integrations for different use-cases to deliver the best across all segments every time.
- Simplicity Beyond Means
- Probably the most appealing aspect of headless commerce is that the user experience becomes simpler than ever. Even employees without the necessary and relevant technical skills will find it easy to operate different programmes and systems with little to no training. Because the headless system involves tying up with familiar third-party apps, any team member or employee in your organisation can get a hang of it instantly. Going headless will improve the overall user experience in every which way.
Yelo – The Answer to Building Your Headless Commerce Marketplace
Creating your own headless commerce marketplace has never been easier. Yelo by Jungleworks is a leading platform provider for headless commerce systems. In fact, you can set up your entire online selling platform within a day with Yelo. Be it selling goods or providing services or even renting out commodities, you can create your own headless marketplace with Yelo.
The prime features of Yelo are:
- An Ordering Dashboard that will let you gain access control and manage your orders while helping you with SEO and analytics, too. From a marketing perspective, the Yelo dashboard is a blessing that can make your daily driving snappy and convenient.
- An Ordering Website to set up your landing pages and create promotions. Choose your own theme and provide AI chat support with any API integration that you choose. The benefits of headless commerce give you the boon of choosing what elements become a part of your website and Yelo makes this happen.
- A Customer Mobile App to provide consumers with the freedom to navigate your site from anywhere. The main benefit of a mobile app is that your marketing team can engage with customers better because of social media signups. Also, customers will enjoy chat support and real-time tracking services.
- A Merchant App to give you control over dispatch, delivery, feedback, support, tickets and analytics. Without a headless approach, all these processes would be linear and time-consuming. However, with Yelo you can opt for a headless system that will enable multiple API layers to make your processes seamless and faster.
To put it simply, Yelo provides you with the platform to furnish the best possible headless e-commerce solution in record quick time. It is time to keep up with the trend and go headless so as to remain relevant in the fast-paced digital space. Spruce up your brand and make your presence felt loud and clear with a headless commerce approach. Yelo is your answer to execute your business plan online because the future of selling is online, Book a Free Demo today!