The Healthcare industry has evolved drastically in the past few decades. Back in the days of early twenty century, around 53% of the doctor-patient meetings were done through house calls. This number was reduced to 6% by the end of the twentieth century as the advancing technology and specialization were not reachable to patients out of clinical/hospital premises.
In these busy days of the twenty-first century Who doesn’t want a quick answer from a doctor in an emergency situation? Nobody wants to wait for the appointment or stand in long queues outside the OPD. We never want to see a doctor yet we want him to be there 24 X 7. That pretty much sums up the scenario of the healthcare sector. Healthcare and wellness are one of the very few sectors which need to offer services twenty-four hours a day and this is where “Healthcare On-Demand” comes into play.
The Global Digital Healthcare Market
As per reports, The digital health market generated $73.1 billion in revenue worldwide in 2017 and is predicted to observe a rapid growth, with a CAGR of 21.1%, during 2018–2023.
Increasing government support for digital healthcare solutions, advanced applications of technology and increasing use of smartphones are the major factors responsible for evident growth of the market. On the basis of technology, the healthcare market has been divided into four major segments, mHealth, telemedicine, electronic health record (EHR), and healthcare analytics. With mHealth having the largest share, of 31.5%, in the global digital health market in 2017 and is expected to garner 59.1% revenue by 2023, witnessing a CAGR of 33.5% during the forecast period.
Telemedicine is further categorized into teleconsulting, telemonitoring, tele-education, tele-training, and other types of telemedicine services. As per the forecast, the telemedicine market is expected to observe the maximum growth for telemonitoring services, at a CAGR of 17.0%. The growth in the telemonitoring category is driven by the increasing prevalence of lifestyle associated diseases, and growing need for remote patient monitoring services in developing parts of the world.
North America would witness the highest share of the global digital health market throughout the analysis period. Improving healthcare infrastructure rising adoption of digital healthcare solutions, and various initiatives taken by the government for the implementation of digital healthcare technologies in healthcare facilities have contributed to the position of North America.
Key Benefits Of On-Demand Healthcare Services
Certainly, on-demand healthcare cannot replace specialized treatments at health centers but they are genuinely very helpful to patients, suffering from chronic diseases especially in an emergency situation.
- Patients suffering from chronic diseases can avoid going to hospitals and clinics by consulting their doctors through the on-demand healthcare app. As an outcome, hospitals would be less crowded and emergency patients will have quicker attention of doctors.
- In case of an emergency, patients can consult doctors from anywhere anytime using video calls from on-demand healthcare apps.
- On-demand healthcare apps like heal allow patients or family to arrange house call of the doctor.
- It is an affordable alternative as it saves time, effort and can be covered under the insurance claim.
- It reduces the paper trail as it is easy to maintain digital records of the consultations, prescriptions, reports and everything related to the health of their patients and can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
- Efficient appointment management, patients can have a look at the doctor calendar before booking an appointment to choose the slot as per their convenience.
- On-demand healthcare apps are immense flexible for the doctors to reach out to their patients, can access their past records to be one step ahead to provide the best prescription to patients
- Go cashless, with on-demand healthcare app it’s easy to make online payments through secure gateways.
As the world is moving towards internet and mobile apps there is no escape for the healthcare industry. JungleWorks expertise in providing on-demand healthcare solutions. Jungleworks has a dedicated team working for innovations in the on-demand healthcare sector.
Get in touch for the product demo or click here to know more
Subscribe to our newsletter
'Jungleworks Entrepreneur's Den' to get access to the latest industry & product insights.