Hey there, fellow local business hustlers! Ready to ride the wave of success in the wild world of online deliveries? We know it’s a jungle out there, especially with the big delivery players breathing down our necks.
But fear not, because we’ve got the lowdown on the latest route planning trends that’ll keep your deliveries smooth and your customers grinning. Oh, and speaking of cool solutions, ever heard of Tookan? We’ll get to that, but first, let’s dive into the juicy stuff.
Route planning is like the secret sauce for local champs diving into the online delivery game. Picture this: you’re in a race against the clock and the competition. In this high-speed world, making the most of your routes isn’t just smart – it’s the golden ticket to saving those precious bucks, clocking in more hours, and getting those thumbs-up from happy customers.
You see, in this hustle-heavy arena, every minute counts. That’s why smart businesses are tuning in to the route optimization jam. It’s not just about getting from A to B; it’s about finding the slickest, quickest path that’ll have you zipping past the traffic snarls and delivering with a grin. And let’s be real, happy customers? They’re the heart and soul of this game.
So, to all you go-getters out there, remember this: route planning isn’t just another checkbox on your to-do list. It’s the turbo boost that can take your local delivery dream and make it a reality.
Trends in Route Planning in 2023
Cloud-based route optimisation software
Cloud-based route optimisation software is a great option for local entrepreneurs because it is affordable, scalable, and easy to use. These software programs use algorithms to calculate the most efficient routes for your deliveries, taking into account factors like traffic, weather, and time of day.
AI and machine learning in route planning
AI and machine learning are being used to improve the accuracy and efficiency of route planning. For example, AI can be used to predict traffic congestion and reroute vehicles around traffic jams. Machine Learning can be used to learn from historical data and improve the accuracy of route predictions.
IoT devices in route planning
IoT devices, such as sensors and GPS trackers, can be used to collect data about vehicles and their surroundings, which can be used to improve route planning. For example, sensors can be used to measure traffic flow and GPS trackers can be used to track the location of vehicles. This data can be used to plan routes that avoid traffic congestion and reduce fuel consumption.
Multimodal routing takes into account multiple modes of transportation, such as cars, trucks, bicycles, and public transit, when planning a route. This can help to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality.
For example, a multimodal routing algorithm might plan a route that uses a combination of car, bus, and bicycle to get from one destination to another. This can be a more efficient and environmentally friendly way to travel than using a car alone.
Customised route planning solutions
Businesses are increasingly demanding customised route planning solutions that meet their specific needs. For example, a business that delivers food might need a route planning solution that takes into account the location of their restaurants, the location of their customers, and the time of day.
A business that transports goods might need a route planning solution that takes into account the weight and dimensions of their cargo, the distance between their warehouses, and the time of day.
Also ReadTop 5 Route Planning Softwares of 2023
In addition to the above trends, here are some other tips for local entrepreneurs who are interested in online delivery
- Use a delivery management platform: A delivery management platform can help you to manage all aspects of your delivery business, from order tracking to customer communication. This can free up your time so that you can focus on growing your business.
- Partner with a courier service: If you don’t have your own fleet of vehicles, you can partner with a courier service to handle your deliveries. This can be a great option for businesses that are just starting out or that don’t have the resources to manage their own deliveries.
- Offer same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is a great way to differentiate your business from the competition. It can also help you to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Promote your delivery services: Make sure that your customers know that you offer delivery services. You can promote your delivery services through your website, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
Say Hello to Tookan – Your Delivery Sidekick!
Now, before you start thinking this is all too good to be true, meet Tookan – the superhero of delivery management. It’s like having a personal assistant that specializes in making your deliveries flawless. Tookan’s got:
- Super-Powered Routing: Think of Tookan as your navigation guru, finding the smartest routes for your drivers in real time.
- Live Tracking & Chit-Chat: Keep tabs on your deliveries, and let your customers and drivers chat like old pals.
- Brainy Data Insights: Make decisions backed by hard data. Tookan’s got the scoop on what’s hot and what’s not in your delivery game.
- Custom Tailoring: Tookan’s not a one-size-fits-all deal. It’s like a tailor-made suit for your delivery business.
So there you have it, dear delivery dynamos! The road to delivery glory is paved with these nifty trends, and with Tookan in your corner, you’re practically unstoppable.
It’s time to wow your customers, outshine the big shots, and make your mark in the world of online deliveries. Ready to take the plunge? Embrace these trends, rock your deliveries, and let Tookan be your trusty sidekick on this epic journey. Happy delivering! 🚚🌟
Subscribe to stay ahead with the latest updates and entrepreneurial insights!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get access to the latest industry & product insights.