Economic recession is always a time of gloomy uncertainties and business is among the most affected victims. It usually takes time and stringent policies for a business to bounce back after the downturn is over.
Even at that, the effects of a recession on a business are glaringly evident when it’s all over.
So, in this post, I will take you on a ride and along the way I will unravel: what recession means for a business and how SaaS products are the game changer.
Recession and Its Effects On People’s Lives And Businesses:
Recession is a situation where the economy of any clime suffers a consecutive economic crisis of; low inflow of revenue, sharp decline in resources, and overall adversity, which lasts for few months or sometimes several months just as we’ve seen during and after the all encompassing COVID19 pandemic.
The most affected by the recession though are: the general populace, especially the low income earners and sometimes middle class individuals, businesses and startups.
How To Position Your Business In order To Pull through An Economic Recession:
This is a time when frantic efforts and decisions are made just to survive the surge of an economic recession. Below are some tips to help you pull through it:
- Be absolutely positive that the situation will change.
- Be open to new business models.
- Make your merchandise affordable.
- Don’t compromise on quality.
- Don’t panic but it’s alright to get scared as doing so shows that you are alert.
- Be considerate and compassionate.
- Avoid unnecessary risk like investing in dubious business schemes.
SaaS Products And Details About Them that Can Help Business During Recession:
First off, what is SaaS?
SaaS or software as a service is a web-based software and service provider entity where a user pays a subscription fee to have access to it, through an internet enabled device.
The SaaS company is responsible for providing excellent user experience, security features, access points, technical support, etc to the user.
Below are a lists of some SaaS products that helps business even when the sky is clear:
Hubspot is a web-based software services provider such as: social media marketing tool, customer management tool, lead generation tool, etc. For business to grow and thrive.
And in times of economic recession this is just the kind of avenue your business needs to withstand the raging blast of a downturn.
Jungleworks is an all in one SaaS vendor that helps your business needs seamlessly.
From delivery service, helping you with marketing, to helping you connect effectively with your customers to increase sales, Jungleworks does it all.
These amazing Jungleworks on-demand products which include: Yelo, Tookan, Hippo, Mappr, will help you cut costs, in the face of a daunting economic recession.
Freshbooks is a web-based software accounting service provider.
During a recession there is no time to lose focus. With this sort of accountability platform in your business operation arsenal all spooky spendings are sure to be detected and eliminated ahead of time.
And that translates to successfully navigating business out of an unprofitable environment.
Toggl Track is a web-based productivity software aimed at helping businesses streamline and save time.
With Toggl Track you can customise your business daily activities timely and get productive within a short time.
Saving time to do more, shoots your business’s revenue up, having a software that makes this happen during a downturn is indeed a unique flourishing privilege.
Slack is a messaging software that supports board meetings, updates, and personal messaging for employers and employees of a business entity to communicate virtually.
Collaborative interactions such as text messaging, video conferencing, and voice calls, happen on what are called channels on Slack while personal interaction is pretty straightforward on slack.
Having these seamless communication in running business during downturn will eliminate commute cost for meetings etc thereby boosting saving for business reserves.
Also ReadThe 2000s dot-com crash drained local businesses. Will history repeat itself in recession 2022?
Role SaaS Products Play During Economic Recession:
Here are some roles SaaS products will play to help your business during a recession:
- Serve as a saving cost agent.
- Create avenues for expansion virtually without incurring extra cost.
- You can pilot your business from anywhere.
- Help you keep track of spending.
- Help in marketing while spending moderately low.
- Provides a platform to communicate effectively.
- Foster multitasking on a manageable level.
Positive Impact Of Saas Products On Business During Recession:
There is no doubt as to how SaaS Products can positively impact your business at any given time.
Below are few positive impacts of Saas products on your business during an economic downturn:
- Increase your business revenues exponentially.
- Provides avenues for your business to reach more customers in a hassle-free manner.
- Allow your customers to interact with your business seamlessly.
- Provides your business with platforms to monitor the business performance.
- Provides secure platforms to save your business data.
What Needs to Change In Business During Economic Recession:
With all the uncertainties usually occasioned by an economic downturn, it will be folly and unreasonable for your business not to conform and change business approaches appropriately in an economic downturn.
This is a time of unleashing proper tips and hacks of survival to offset the effects of a downturn, it’s a time of magnanimity and staying sharp like never before to perhaps help your business successfully swim through the turbulent waves of an economic downturn.
And most importantly have an overall look at the magnitude of how the economic downturn has affected your business, this will provide you with well-informed insights to have a clear path on how to pull through it.
- Economic recession always thwarts plans and dreams as you have learnt in this post.
- Economic downturn occurrence usually feels like walking on hot coal of fire but with knowledge you can navigate through an economic downturn unburnt.
- We looked at what you should start doing and how to leverage what your competitors are doing to remain sustainable during a downturn.
- SaaS products are the game changer for your business during an economic downturn.
- SaaS products helps your business during downturn with: increasing revenues, acquiring more customers, staying profitable, and more
- Putting these tips and principles shared in this post into good use is paramount to your business success during a downturn.
And now that you know these SaaS products and how they can help your business, do check them out even without any imminent business threats and leverage them to flourish.
Do you want to see a SaaS Product that does an all-in-one job of marketing, selling and delivery, smoothly and fast for your business?
Subscribe to stay ahead with the latest updates and entrepreneurial insights!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get access to the latest industry & product insights.