MiniLuxe aims to be the Starbucks of Nail Salons with a solid tech core
Established in 2007, MiniLuxe is a chain of beauty salons (and expanding) across Boston and Texas. The brand has won numerous accolades including Best of Boston, Best of Dallas and has nationwide growth plans. The company has consistently won awards thanks to its environmentally-friendly products, architectural store design, intense focus on quality and hygiene standards. It closed $23M in Series C funding in Oct 2015.
MiniLuxe wanted a robust technology architecture to manage bookings and be able to generate insights from the data collected.
- Challenge 1: The main challenge was to prevent customer no shows by replacing in person appointment with a more efficient booking process wherein the customer is engaged at each level.
- Challenge 2: The technology needed to aid the matching of customers to their preferred or favourite technicians so that a personalized experience could be delivered in the salon.
JungleWorks manages the entire technology architecture for Miniluxe and its solution includes a customer side app, a technician side app and an admin panel. Key features include:
- Scheduling and Matching : Customers can request their preferred technicians at a particular salon. The availability is based on a synced calendar that checks appointment schedule of each technician at every salon. Technicians can track customers and be prepared at their estimated time of arrival.
- Data mining system : JungleWorks powers a large data mining and collection system on the back end that lets MiniLuxe take better business decisions.
MiniLuxe’s mobile app will be launching in Q2’16. A demonstration of the admin panel we have created for MiniLuxe can be seen here –Miniluxe Demo Video. Key outcomes include:
- The admin panel has made it possible to track the revenue, gratuity, bookings, log in and log out timings of each technician
- The waiting time for customers and technicians has drastically reduced as duration of activity and availability of technician is defined