Washmen is a mobile-based laundry service based in Dubai and Abu Dhabi which provides a flexible pick-up and delivery of laundry to their customers. They operate on an asset-free business model. It outsources its logistics to freelance drivers and partners with laundromats with under-utilized facilities, providing both effortless demand and additional revenue streams. In exchange for this convenience, Washmen secures wholesale pricing agreements and transfers these savings to its customers.
Being an on-demand laundry service, Washmen faced a number of challenges from the beginning itself, especially with resource management. These are the three big challenges that were drastically impacting their business:
- Optimization and management of logistics
- Transparency in the delivery operations
- Improvement in fleet efficiency
We provided them with Tookan’s unmatched service that helped them:
- assign tasks, schedule, dispatch, and manage orders by automating repetitive tasks
- access real time data, vehicle tracking and driver performance
- optimize routes, schedules, and resource allocation
- analyze data and formulate reports to improve and optimize operational performance
As a result, their operational efficiency improved by 15%, and now they are carrying out 24,000 transactions per month becoming Dubai and Abu Dhabi’s favourite laundry and dry-clean service.
Subscribe to our newsletter
'Jungleworks Entrepreneur's Den' to get access to the latest industry & product insights.