We are pleased to announce multi-channel messaging in Hippo. Businesses can now accumulate conversations from customers, from their support emails and Facebook page at a single place in Hippo.
Why integrate Facebook with Hippo?
- We’ll route messages from Facebook to Hippo Dashboard, keeping all of your customer communication in one place.
- You can read, manage and respond to all private messages you receive directly from your dashboard.
How do Facebook messages work?
- Only private Facebook messages will get sent to your dashboard. If someone posts a Facebook message on your wall it won’t appear in Hippo.
- When someone sends a message to your company Facebook page, you’ll only be able to see that person’s Facebook name. We recommend asking for their email and adding it to their profile.
- We support the following types of messages from Facebook: text, images, non-Facebook stickers and non-Facebook GIFs.
How do email conversations work?
- You can forward emails from your contact and support mailing addresses (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to address dedicated to your Hippo account. These will appear in your dashboard.
- Customers will receive a reply to emails from your chat agents and will be able to reply using email.
- Any new email thread becomes a new conversation in Hippo.
- If the customer has any unread messages for 10 minutes, Hippo will trigger an email to notify the customer with whole thread. The customer can then choose to continue the conversation from the email itself.
That’s not all! Customers will have an option to continue the conversation, initiated from chat widget, over multiple channels – email or Facebook messenger. They don’t have to be tied to your website or the chat widget to get notified of replies from your chat agent making Hippo truly multi-channel!
Subscribe to stay ahead with the latest updates and entrepreneurial insights!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get access to the latest industry & product insights.