India’s Leading On-Demand Beauty Startup Uses Juggernaut’s Platform to service thousands of customers
Founded in March 2015, Vyomo is a mobile app based beauty and wellness platform providing “head-to-toe” doorstep beauty services at home to women of all ages in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida. The customers can book a beauty appointment through their Android and iOS mobile app. The team provides real-time beauty services to its users by trained, background verified stylists with the use of a mobile platform.
A salon appointment needs both stylists and customers to be available at the same time. There were serious challenges to be dealt with both at the supply and demand side.
- Despite fierce competition in this sector, there was no set benchmark for quality. The business needed to standardize offerings for the consumer and the platform needed to have an interface that conveyed the same.
- On the business side there was no efficient tool to manage bookings, appointments, and payments. A cloud based in-store management software needed to be created. Through the app, Vyomo wanted to enlist thousands of providers in the unorganized beauty industry and wanted to empower smaller businesses to exhibit their talent.
Since Vyomo was targeting both sides of the network— consumer and business— it made sense to have two separate apps to cater to separate demands. After several weeks of brainstorming, Juggernaut’s solution shaped into fully functional mobile apps.
- Intuitive Customer Platform : The output turned out to be a seamless mobile platform for customers that was way ahead of the competition. It allowed customers to book services in advance as well as request services on immediate basis.They can check prices, offers, reviews, and ratings before placing an order. Customers get email, text and push notification reminders for their appointments. Vyomo allows them to track stylists, review them and save their favourites. When the job is done, they can pay securely through the app.
- Business Front: On the business front, the app for salons offered professionals an end to end salon management software that grows and simplifies their business by providing increased traffic, CRM, ERP, EPOS, performance management, booking management and online presence backed by state-of-art data analytics & artificial intelligence. They could accept bookings on mobile 24x7 and offer dynamic pricing, real time deals and discounts.
Vyomo was able to reduce the foreplanning required for booking a beauty appointment by providing a mobile-first on-demand booking platform.
- Time spent waiting for customers is now utilized providing the service at their home, thereby reducing unproductive man hours
- Number of no shows of customers and stylists massively decreased
- The time spent to book salon services reduced by 95%
- Automated scheduling, bookings and payments greatly reduced inefficiency in the system
- Analytics and reports helped Vyomo take data driven decisions
- In April 2016, Indian beauty chain Naturals acquired controlling stake in Vyomo for $15million. It will now be rebranded to Naturals @ Home
- Vyomo had earlier raised $2million in pre series A funding from Rocket Internet.