Bfab makes on-demand beauty appointments seamless with a mobile app
Bfab is an e-commerce beauty-on-demand business that brings the expertise of professionally trained stylists and makeup artists to clients, delivered anytime, anywhere, in the comfort of their own home, office or hotel room. It is headquartered in Los Altos, California.
A salon appointment needs both stylists and customers to be available at the same time. There were serious challenges to be dealt with both at the supply and demand side.
- The standard flow for each case had to be customized. For example, in the scenario that a booking was not accepted by the stylist, an algorithm needed to automate the cancellation of the booking and alert the customer and admin of the same. If there was a customer no-show, then the booking needed to be canceled automatically after the start time of the service. If there was a stylist no-show, another stylist had to be allocated automatically to the customer.
- The payment gateway had to allow the automatic split of payment made by the customer, so a fixed percentage could go to the admin and the rest to the stylist.
- Stylist needed to manage their availability at one place.
Juggernaut created the stylist side app, customer side app and the admin panel for Bfab.
- Algorithms for each case were set in the backend so everything was automated - cancellations, resending requests in case of no shows, notifications and alerts.
- A payment gateway (Braintree) that allowed an automatic split of money was integrated on the platform.
- A calendar lets stylists view and manage their bookings.
- Bfab has made the booking process seamless by letting users book appointments on a mobile app with a single click, track the exact location and timing of the bfab stylist, rate their experience and save their new look to their personal album.
- It has helped customers plan events by catering to individual and group bookings, hours or months in advance.