The furniture delivery industry is a $108 billion industry worldwide. And it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.67% from 2024 to 2030. The growth is being driven by a number of factors.
Increasing popularity of e-commerce, the growing middle class in developing countries, and the increase in demand for customized furniture.
Below are some more facts you need to check out before moving on.
- The United States is the largest market for furniture delivery, accounting for over 30% of the global market.
- The Asia Pacific region is the fastest-growing market for furniture delivery, with a CAGR of over 6%.
- The furniture delivery industry is highly fragmented, with a large number of small and medium-sized businesses.
- The furniture delivery industry is facing a number of challenges, including rising labor costs, increasing competition from online retailers, and the need to invest in new technologies.
If you are already into a furniture delivery business, you might be aware of the above facts. And also, that it is not easy getting customers for your furniture delivery business.
In this write-up, we will discuss some strategies through which you can launch and scale your furniture delivery business.
Let’s get started.
How to start a Furniture Delivery business
Online shopping through smart devices has gained popularity over the years. High penetration of Internet services, improved economy, and upgradation of purchase and delivery options form the perfect environment for entering the on-demand service industry.
Below are some steps that will guide you towards starting your furniture delivery business.
- Do your research. Before you get started, it’s important to do your research and learn as much as you can about the furniture delivery industry. This includes understanding the market, the competition, and the different types of furniture delivery services that are available.
- Create a business plan. Once you have a good understanding of the industry, it’s time to create a business plan. This document will outline your business goals, strategies, and financial projections.
- Get the necessary permits and licenses. Depending on your location, you may need to obtain certain permits and licenses before you can start your business.
- Secure financing. Starting a business can be expensive, so you’ll need to secure financing to cover your startup costs.
- Purchase the necessary equipment. You’ll need to purchase a truck, furniture pads, and other equipment to get your business up and running.
- Market your business. Once you have everything in place, it’s time to start marketing your business. You can do this through online and offline marketing channels.
How to get customers for furniture delivery business?
Once you have ticked all the right boxes of starting your furniture delivery business, the most relevant part is to get customers for your business.
- Partner with furniture retailers. Partnering with furniture retailers can help you get your business off the ground. They can provide you with leads and referrals, and they can also help you with marketing and advertising.
- Offer a variety of services. In addition to basic delivery, you can also offer installation, assembly, and removal services. This will make you more attractive to customers and help you increase your profits.
- Provide excellent customer service. Customer service is essential for any business, but it’s especially important for a furniture delivery business. Make sure your customers are happy with your service, and they’ll be more likely to use your business again in the future.
Furniture Delivery is a lucrative business but it involves a lot of challenges. Any kind of delay or mishap can ruin your entire business. To ensure, you are on the right track, you need a delivery management software. Let’s know what your delivery management software should be able to do:
- Find addresses and guide drivers to save time.
- Easily assign tasks to drivers from the backend.
- Use GPS tracking to track the driver’s location.
- Use planning and scheduling tools.
- Seamless communication with customers and agents/fleets
Let’s know a bit about Tookan – the intuitive deliveries management software for smart entrepreneurs.
How can Tookan help your business?
Tookan is a delivery management platform for all kinds of businesses. Here are a few benefits of using Tookan as your delivery management software.
- Tookan keeps records of your delivery and customers in one place, eliminating paperwork and confusion.
- Tasks are allocated to the nearest driver/agent automatically.
- Tookan has an easy-to-use, intuitive interface that can be used by anyone, anywhere.
- Your customers get a tracking link for their deliveries.
- Enhanced customer experience and feedback mechanism.
- SMS and email notifications are sent to the customer about the status of their deliveries.
- Real-time remote coordination between managers and agents/drivers.
- Analytics and reports to make effective data-driven decisions.
- Tookan helps you to take charge and manage your team from anywhere.
- Reduced management costs as all delivery related processes are streamlined.
We hope you find this blog effective for your furniture delivery business. If you have any queries and want to kickstart your own business, we are right here.
Subscribe to stay ahead with the latest updates and entrepreneurial insights!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get access to the latest industry & product insights.