Imagine it’s late in the evening and you are relishing a great time with your friends and family when suddenly, you run out of your favorite bottle of whiskey, wine, or beer. So what do you do? Rush to your nearest or even farthest liquor store in between all those gatherings to purchase a new stock? Well, not necessarily, if you have an alcohol delivery app.
In today’s technologically advanced era, we have an app for everything. Right from booking a cab to ordering your favorite food or even delivering your parcel from one location to another, everything can be done with just a few taps. So why not have a mobile app for liquor delivery as well? After all, the liquor industry is one of the greatest markets in the world, with a revenue of US$ 249,088m in 2021.
Understanding alcohol delivery business:
- 3 reasons to move online with your alcohol delivery business
- Why Invest in Alcohol Delivery App Development?
- Insights into a few alcohol delivery apps already into action
- Benefits of online alcohol delivery app
- 3 Challenges in building an alcohol delivery app
- How COVID-19 affected on-demand liquor delivery?
- Major features of an online alcohol delivery app
- How Yelo can help kick start your alcohol business?
3 reasons to move online with your alcohol delivery business
- The COVID-19 pandemic has forced everyone to maintain social distancing and personal hygiene. From working from home, education and schooling on online apps to restriction in purchasing groceries and other items from malls or shops, it has made our lifestyle completely different. Let us accept the fact that the majority of the audience having fine access to technology and internet today, rely only on the on-demand delivery services and that is the reason why there is a huge demand & customer base for such apps. This has also made the existence of on-demand alcohol delivery apps in trend.
- Clearly, our weekend seems incomplete without a bottle of beer or whisky or dinner seems undone without a perfect wine. But during the ongoing lockdowns, it seems a threatening activity to get a liquor bottle from a store. This is where the online alcohol delivery apps come to rescue.
- The demand for online liquor stores has surged immensely for a few months as they meet the demand of the people instantly and deliver at the doorsteps.
Why Invest in Alcohol Delivery App Development?
The worldwide alcoholic beverages market was valued at $1,439 billion in 2017. And this is projected to reach $1,684 billion by 2025, documenting a CAGR of 2.0% from 2018 to 2025. This growth is primarily driven by the surge in the global young-adult demographic, and a hike in consumer demand for premium products.
The same reasons have contributed to a huge surge in the Indian alcohol market. The Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) segment is estimated to be valued at over INR 3,000 billion by the end of 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 5.2%.
The above-mentioned statistics show that India is an ideal market for generating high revenue growth for alcohol. This has made the on-demand alcohol delivery app model a highly profitable venture.
Insights into a few alcohol delivery apps already into action
- Drizly: Drizly is an alcohol e-commerce platform that facilitates the delivery of alcohol. Drizly lets users order a variety of beer, wine, and spirits directly from local retailers to their location through a mobile app or website.
- Minibar Delivery: Minibar Delivery is an online alcohol service based in New York City, offering on-demand delivery in over 50 American cities and shipping to 40 states. It was founded in 2014 by Lara Crystal and Lindsey Andrews.
- Swill: Swill is an online delivery platform that enables its users to find and buy from among a range of alcohol products.
- Flaviar: Flaviar, a spirits tasting club, offers a subscription service that helps members discover new liquor products through sample tasting packs.
- Caskers: Caskers helps its users discover craft spirits that aren’t available at local liquor stores.
Benefits of online alcohol delivery app
- Enables customers to refill their favorite brands & bottles easily.
- No need to step outside the house. Choose the best store and order the favorite drink quickly.
- Wide range of options to choose from.
- Eases to avail extensive discounts and offers which can help them save a lot on their expenses.
- Order drinks anytime and anywhere, which is not feasible in the offline mode.
- No need to stand in the queue and wait for the turn, thus saving a lot of time.
- Online payments or COD, pay as per convenience.
- Earn maximum profits with potential & repeating customer base.
- Maximize revenues with an excellent set of features that these apps offer.
- Manage and attract more customers to increase sales.
- Efficient stock management, thus reducing manual work.
- Provides with better ROI.
- Facilitates cashless transactions and track daily transactions too.
3 Challenges in building an alcohol delivery app
- Heavy dependency of the government policies sometimes on liquor results in steady income.
- Selling alcoholic beverages to minors. According to the Washington Post, Uber Eats and their drivers have been delivering cocktails and alcohol without ID’ing or even seeing the customer first, which is critical.
- Convincing buyers to purchase alcoholic beverages without tasting them.
How COVID-19 affected on-demand liquor delivery?
The internet and online revolution have never been more powerful than during the coronavirus pandemic. As the world went into lockdown, a majority of customers logged online generating a huge expansion in the e-commerce alcohol sector.
According to reports, the e-commerce liquor sales in the U.S. documented a steady increase of 291% for March last year and a further increase of 387% for April last year. Additionally, one of the leading alcohol delivery services in the U.S. Drizly accounted for a big leap in sales for March last year. By April last year, the company witnessed a 550% increase over baseline.
Major features of an online alcohol delivery app
- Login: Find the top quality drinks and deals on them by simply registering to the app.
- Liquor listing: After registration, customers can view all the listed drinks from the nearby shops. View the price and get details on the drinks.
- Apply filters: Customers get filters option in the app making purchases easier. The filters offer different categories of liquor, price point, drink customer ratings, etc.
- Place orders: When you’ve finished choosing your drink, you can place the order for them.
- Track order: Once you’ve placed your order, the app will also show an estimated delivery time like any other delivery service app. With this feature, get the order status such as order accepted, on way, arrived, etc.
- Cashless payment: The app supports different transaction models like credit/debit card, net banking, and many payment gateways.
- Order history: Sometimes, you would like to have the same drink you had last night or last week. With the order history feature, you can view previous orders and repeat orders with one tap or click.
- Product review & feedback: Customers can share their reviews for the alcohol stores or delivery agents.
Store App & Dashboard Panel:
- Login: The alcohol store will register as a stakeholder on the platform.
- Manage Drink Categories: The liquor store owner can list their drinks into categories such as wine, beer, whiskey, breezers, etc.
- Manage Drinks & Snacks: Some stores also offer complimentary snacks and additional items with the drinks. With this feature, the owner can list such add-ons for the customers allowing them to order easily.
- Manage Prices: A liquor shop owner will be the one who manages the price details for the products.
- View Ratings & Reviews: The alcohol shop owner can see the ratings and reviews given by the user and bring in necessary changes according to their honest reviews.
- Manage Earnings: The liquor shop owner analyzes the monthly or weekly earnings through the app and can manage the profits and costs within the platform.
- Admin Login: The main business owner can log in to their super admin panel. With this super dashboard, the admin can view the entire business and channel of the working.
- Manage Payments: The main admin manages and monitors all the payments and transactions done by the customers and manages store commissions.
- Order Management: The admin can monitor and control all the assigned orders along with their status and details.
- Settings: Admin manages all the related apps settings such as updating the prices, allowing/blocking a store owner, product listing, etc. within the main admin panel.
- Marketing Management: The admin can also manage the complete marketing process like advertisements, email templates, app banners, and promotional campaigns for the app and the vendors (alcohol store owners) from within the admin panel.
- Real-Time Analytics: The panel allows the super admin to view real-time statistics of various factors. It also provides reports on the number of orders, maximum orders region wise, peak delivery hours, etc.
- Accept/Reject Orders: The delivery agent can receive an order request, he can accept/reject the order request.
- Mark Active/Inactive: The delivery agent should have the liberty to mark himself available/unavailable by switching on the toggle between Active/Inactive.
- Order History: Delivery agent can see the total orders delivered by him.
- View Customer Location: Delivery agent can view the customer’s delivery location and navigate towards it, and other details like contact number.
- In-App Chat: Delivery agents can chat to customers to confirm the delivery location or other details.
- Check Earnings: Delivery agents can check total earnings made by online deliveries (day, week, and month-wise).
How Yelo can help kick start your alcohol business?
If you are worried about hiring a developer to get your alcohol delivery platform developed and designed, then change your thoughts and be smarter today! With zero codings and in no time, set up your own SaaS alcohol delivery platform and be ready to outshine in the business.
Through Yelo, you can have the best app features that every on-demand alcohol delivery service should have. By your own alcohol delivery service, you may help society with social separation while also increasing your profits as you supply alcohol during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Contact us today if you’d like to address the needs of your community by starting your own alcohol delivery business with Yelo. Book a free demo now!
Subscribe to our newsletter
'Jungleworks Entrepreneur's Den' to get access to the latest industry & product insights.