Given the conditions of the COVID-19 outbreak that has caused job cuts all around the world, there is a growing demand for job opportunities online.
That is where the freelancer marketplace platform is gaining momentum like never before.
So what is a Freelancer Marketplace Platform?
A freelancer services platform is an online marketplace where businesses can find and hire individual contractors to do work remotely.
As a customer, you can use a platform to look for freelancers and agencies that deliver a wide range of services, such as design, marketing, copywriting, software development etc.
As a service provider, you get matching jobs based on your profile and interests. One can also search for projects and respond to client invitations.
Freelancing platform contribution in empowerment
Looking beyond boundaries
Freelancing platforms empowers individuals to look beyond their geographical boundaries. The beauty of such platforms lies in the massive opportunity that can be grabbed online by connecting with like-minded people across the globe and exchanging positive work synergies, irrespective whether you are a service provider or an end customer.
Technology favours the Gig Economy
Freelancing platforms are getting inclined more and more towards the use of artificial intelligence, in the days to come 90% of the domains in technology will have directly or indirectly an AI element attached to it. As the needs increase, so will the freelancers to fill the short-term roles.
Flexibility to choose clients and projects
One of the major advantages is the flexibility and exposure of wide scope of work/projects which one can opt for without any restrictions. The platform makes it very simple for a person to choose the type of work based on what interests and benefits them the best.
Empowering Women Entrepreneurs
Gender Equality – In this modern world, over 2.7 billion women are restricted to choose their dream job as compared to men. Freelancing allows them to participate in the marketplace, control their own time and lives
Women education and empowerment – 63 % workforce participation rate of women compared to 94% of men, is it fair? An educated and skilled woman can generate high income by participating in the marketplace which will enhance women empowerment in the economy.
Contribution of women to the business world – It has been observed that companies are largely benefited by generating jobs and providing leadership opportunities for women which ultimately leads to an increase in organizational effectiveness and growth.
As quoted rightly by Hillary Clinton:
“Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.”
Husky – Platform for independent freelance professionals
With its simple tools and unique features, husky helps you to create an online marketplace platform, which connects independent freelance professionals with businesses. Husky along with having a convenient onboarding process also comes with a host of features:
- Fully customizable interface
- Catalogue Management
- Login through social media
- Real-Time Chat
- Accept Global Payments
- Ratings and Reviews
How it works?
For the Admins
- Admin can set up its marketplace by following the initial onboarding process.
- They can update their online store with the admin dashboard provided.
For the Customers
- Customers can log in and browse through the marketplace
- Customers will then specify project requirements and accept the bids posted by the sellers on the platform.
Freelancer marketplace platforms bridge the gap between sellers and the customers while giving plenty of benefits like hiring talent across the globe, cutting down hiring costs, transparent payment modules etc.
And with that said Husky is one such platform which provides hassle-free and convenient business experience to both parties.
Let’s Stay Connected
Some interesting facts:
- Freelancers contribute $1.3 trillion to the US economy on a yearly basis
- A study by McKinsey shows that around 20% to 30% of professionals in developed markets are engaged in freelance or gig economy. In India, the freelance industry is estimated to grow to $20 to $30 billion by 2025
- 1 in every 5 Indian freelancers is a woman, according to a study by global digital payment firm Payoneer
- Most women in India freelance for online marketplaces, with a major chunk of clients based in the United States and average work time of 2-2.5 hours
Subscribe to our newsletter
'Jungleworks Entrepreneur's Den' to get access to the latest industry & product insights.