The old saying “Time is Money” holds even more truth in today’s on demand economy. The delivery sector is one such business segment which needs to be re-structured in order to save time and money for businesses and make sure that they serve their customers efficiently.
Numbers don’t lie and here are few stats which makes it crystal clear what consumers exactly expect:
- 56% online consumers between the age of 18-34 years expect to have same day delivery.
- 61% consumers are willing to pay more for the same-day delivery.
- 40% of consumers cancel their order as the delivery date is too late.
- 45% of consumers wanted email or text notifications with a tracking number.
- 31% wanted to be able to track the delivery directly on the retailer’s site.
The fulfillment procedure is mostly taken care of with the help of a pen and paper, phone calls or messy spreadsheets. This makes scheduling tasks to the agents/ drivers more complex and time consuming.
The time needed to take an individual order, document it, pass it on to the driver, communicate back it to the customer and follow up on an order means that one employee spends an average of 12 minutes or more per order. With every link in the chain, the risk of miscommunication increases exponentially. This could severely hamper your on demand delivery business.
The risks involved in such scenarios are:
- An order may be missed out.
- An agent/ driver may get allocated with two tasks at the same time.
- Other agent might have to sit idle.
- As you grow, the network becomes complex
- Delay in deliveries, loss of time affecting the costs
- Tracking agents only through phone calls
- Lack of proper database of tasks, agents and customers
How can Tookan help?
We eliminate all the stressful paperwork and chaos, simultaneously automating most of your operational tasks like proper scheduling of tasks for future or same day deliveries – giving you time to do what you do best. Tookan platform empowers your business to manage and track the dynamic field workforce.
Auto Assignment feature allows you to cater to the on-demand deliveries. Simply add a task and leave the rest for Tookan. Our software automatically assigns the task to the nearest available agent/ driver, all tasks get scheduled in the most efficient manner for faster delivery. Not only this, Tookan sends a push notification to the agents/drivers as soon as a task is assigned to them eliminating the scope of miscommunication. Notifications are also sent to the customers along with a tracking link by which a customer can track their delivery.
Subscribe to stay ahead with the latest updates and entrepreneurial insights!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get access to the latest industry & product insights.