There cannot be a better time for opening an online e-commerce store as online sales are expected to reach $5 trillion by 2022. This is because global shopping habits are changing quickly and it is simpler than ever to get everything delivered to the doorstep no matter where you live. However, you need to identify the top trending products that are in demand as your first step. Here we are providing a list of unique online business in 2022 ideas. These are 22 products that are trending and can be sold online. You can pick any one of them and set up shop on the internet for your eCommerce business.
1. Craft kits: Knitting has become a trending business as you can find embroideries everywhere and crochet is officially considered to be cool. Various craft-based products have entered the lists of trending products in the past year and you can find a rising search volume for terms such as yarn and crochet in Google Trends. So, it is not surprising at all that this business has a big appeal. It is pretty simple for a professional to monetize his handcrafting work by using it as a side hustle. You can develop an online store to sell craft supplies such as yarn bundles, craft kits, tools, and bits and bobs.
2. Fish delivery: Due to the advent of several health-conscious trends you can observe the demand for seafood rising. There are some enticing aspects involved in the business that make it appear promising. A technical aspect added by e-commerce to the business has improved its dynamics. You can observe a growing preference for online fish delivery by many consumers. This is due to the convenient doorstep delivery provided. Conventional fish-selling businesses will need greater investment than the online medium used for sale.
3. Couch covers: In case you are looking to find remote business ideas for online sales in 2022, one of the top alternatives can be couch covers. They are also called sofa slips. It is a one-size-fits-all and simple product. Initially, it was a big hit for Airbnb hosts. The product is still trending with the viral posts transforming the couch covers into extremely popular products apart from the usual hospitality industry. It doesn’t matter whether you are selling some accessories or stain-proof material, several alternatives can be made available.
4. Laundry: The market for worldwide online laundry services was estimated to be around USD 120 billion in 2018 and it is expected to grow by 10% by 2022. The rising demand and relatively small investment required have driven the growth of this business. The online laundry business will do well in most circumstances as clean clothes are essential for everyone. You do not need a huge staff for carrying out the business. You can find some opportunities for upselling in this business and there is little money tied up in big inventories.
5. Birth flowers: The zodiac trend can move over. Birth flowers are a brand-new way of expressing your personality these days. Products with a birth flower scheme are trending globally according to Google Trends. Some agencies reported that there was a near 70% rise in the overall search volume of this business in 2021. Birth flowers share the same symbolism as birthstones. For instance, an April baby is like a daisy while a November one is like chrysanthemums. In case you already have an online store that sells pick-up pieces this can be an added hustle.
6. Flower delivery marketplace: Are you considering the idea of starting an online flower delivery business? Flowers can be the right present for all occasions you can think about such as anniversaries, birthdays, business events, and weddings. Delivering flowers on some of these occasions as a surprise has become a new trend especially for your loved ones. Due to all the latest facilities available online and in the market, these flowers can be delivered to different locations across the world on the necessary date and time.
7. Personalized vitamins: There is a thriving trend of wellness all across the world, and it has taught everyone to take proper care of themselves. For this niche, the trending product to sell is personalized vitamins. This kind of business will require you to have a well-designed and sleek website for helping customers feel at ease. You will be selling vitamins that improve health so, you need to sound convincing on the site. You can use Google Trends for finding out the specific vitamins with a greater search volume in the beginning.
8. On-demand fuel delivery: Before actually starting to work on your on-demand fuel delivery business, there is a need to develop a fuel delivery app for users. After you have decided to develop an app, you will have to build a fleet. Develop a system that is compliant with all the rules and regulations of the country where you are operating the business from. Develop a powerful IT infrastructure for supporting this fuel delivery business. It includes developing feedback and complaints response systems and processing facilities.
9. Gardening supplies: In case you are aware of the difference between shears and loppers you are better served. You can concentrate on a new e-commerce shop that provides gardening supplies. It is one of the trendiest products for online sales these days. Products such as spades, seeds, big plants, and homegrown vegetables are already some of the top-selling items in the business. The overall search volume for the term “vegetable garden’ has soared during the year 2021. Some of the great items you can offer for sale are superfoods, packets of seeds, accessories, and starter kits.
10. Tea delivery: The worldwide tea market is expected to rise to $81 billion by 2026. Therefore, you can say that a major chunk of the world is run by tea. If you are considering an online tea delivery business it is significant to take into account your budget and the profits made by your business. You can sell other related products from your business as well. This includes teacups, tea sets, creamers, teapots, etc. The brand you are promoting must be all about tea and related products. It allows you to make larger profits and achieve bigger numbers.
11. Facial tools: Self-care has finally become a trend with facial tools and cosmetics becoming some of the more popular products this year. Women more specifically have begun collating some facial toolkits with skincare achieving a greater level of professionalism over time. Tailormade facial tools and shampoos for the face have become trending products in 2022. There are several products available here for filling out your toolkit range online. Some of them include gua sha, face brush, and vibrating facial roller.
12. Garbage pickup: This online garbage pickup business may sound a bit off-beat for those who are uninitiated. However, keep in mind that several big players are working in this market. Some of them are SoulCycle and WeWork and they are making big money out of the business. It is an asset-light business and there is the minimum investment required. There is just limited competition and remember, nearly half the world’s population does not have access to the facility of garbage collection. There is tremendous potential in this global scrap market therefore, it is a great opportunity to make gold by using trash.
13. Domestic workout equipment: One of the usual domestic gym equipment you are guaranteed to sell online in 2022, is the humble kettlebell. Google Trends has reported a massive increase in the search volume for this product since March last year. There are several other related products out there as well with huge demand. Many retailers in the market are reporting big sales for products such as weighted vests and skipping ropes. However, branding is essential for the fitness industry. All the serious workout fanatics are faithful to brands. Find out the popular workout brands for your trending products.
14. Bookselling: The worldwide book publishing industry is valued at close to $150 billion these days. Bookworms from all across the world maintain the industry rising at a steady rate. Physical books offer the smell of crisp pages and a reading experience that cannot be received from e-books. However, some successful online platforms are operational, such as Scribd and Kindle that market e-books. There are also new avenues open for online bookstores. You can leverage the trend and offer a marketplace for booklovers to fulfill their requirements.
15. Smartphone accessories: One of the small trending products in 2021 was the smartphone lens. The mini gadget is one of the many smartphone accessories that targeted aspiring influencers in 2021. If you check Google Trends, you will find out that many other smartphone accessories are being searched such as tripods, pop sockets, etc. You need to provide a reason to the shoppers to opt for your store as the place when they are looking for smartphone accessories. Keep in mind the trending styles and colors. You can offer some failsafe alternatives such as metal trims and pastel shades in your store.
16. Cake delivery: All celebrations are incomplete without having mouth-watering cakes. How about turning your love of baking into a profitable part-time online cake delivery business? Remember, many bakeries open each day but do not realize the significance of having an online presence. An online cake marketplace allows you to reach out to a huge audience depending on your location. It allows you to earn more money by leveraging your passion. The business does not need too much manpower and there are minimal investment requirements. Baking is good for your health and there is an everlasting demand for cakes.
17. Home office supplies: The whole world is waking up to the reality of working from home. In case you are looking to sell some products through your e-commerce store, one of the hot new business ideas is home office supplies. Some of the trendiest products in 2021 were laptop risers, desk chairs, and noise-canceling headphones. Apart from selling these popular products, you can set up an online drop shipping business that enables you to offer big-ticket and large products without setting up logistics and warehousing operations. Some of the other top-selling home office products include footrests, portable sit-stand desks, and ergonomic chairs.
18. Tiffin delivery: The online tiffin delivery business involves the delivery of packed meals to your clientele at a stipulated time each day. You may either prepare the food by yourself and then have it delivered. Or, develop a tiffin marketplace, for aggregating with various tiffin services to handle the tiffin delivery. There is a growing demand for homemade food among working professionals. You need to stick to a schedule and prepare your food accordingly. There are exciting profit margins in this business and the setup required can be achieved relatively easily.
19. Nail kits: It is one of the requirements that emerged globally out of convenience. However, it appears as if this trend is going to stick around for some time. This trend is also called false nails and it is great fun. Google Trends shows search volumes for the term nail kits reaching dizzying heights in 2021. This is because many women are unable to visit a salon to get a manicure every month. Or, some of them are bored with their natural appearance. Nail kits are lifesavers for these women. Ensure that you are also selling polishes, lamps, and all the tools necessary for the work. Keep in mind that all the enthusiasts have a favorite brand and you can also use video tutorials for beginners.
20. Loungewear: Although launching an online clothing business may appear to be risky at the moment, loungewear bucks is one of the hottest trends. Products such as robes, sweatpants, and fuzzy sweaters have become staple items in the wardrobes of this Netflix and chill generation. The category is in great demand. Google Trends has reported a global boom in the search volume for loungewear in 2021. With many businesses joining the notion of working from home, this trend is all set to be around for a while. It is a good idea to get in touch with local suppliers, for supplementing the stock of your online store. You can sell items such as knitted sweats, cropped tank tops, and luxe loungewear.
21. Car accessories: Most car owners are aware that you are never quite done with car maintenance work. This is not for sheer hedonistic pleasure all the time. Making some of the products available can be a real difference to the comfort and safety of your rides. Keep in mind that the car accessories market was booming in 2021 and has crossed the magical figure of $500 billion.
Another great advantage is that the category is in business all year round. You are not just offering your services during the holiday season. In the beginning, you can think of selling products such as rear-view cameras, car covers, and LED lights. Remember, car lovers are everywhere so, why not offer the trending products to this clientele on Facebook? They are likely to pounce on some of the items if they see the ad at the right time.
22. Pet care products: Most people around the world adore pets and it is not just because they are cute. These companions are responsible for relieving stress and they help keep us active. These pets are like members of the family in several households. Many of these people pay close attention to the stuff they are buying for their pets, especially while buying food. You must aim for top-of-shelf quality for your pet care products and try to include some trending products in your list.
For staying on top of the latest trends, you need to continuously monitor Google Trends. Identify the new ones as they appear. As many new products are appearing online, you have to stay on top of this, to make the most of selling best-selling products. Some of the top pet products are pet carriers, pet food, and pet bathing products. Start your own online pet store or a dog walking app from scratch.
Keep in mind that selecting the right trending products for online sales might not be easy. The reason is that there are many products out there that are suitable only for the classical stores. You are going to need a proper strategy while selecting the right products for the internet. You can also explore social shopping pages to find out what you must sell online. Some of these websites include Wanelo, Pinterest, and Etsy.
Another thing to keep in mind is never to underestimate the world of communities. You can use them to sell your items online. Even when you have selected a perfect niche for your online business venture, you have to be patient. Never expect immediate sales. Try to shape up your corporate identity and spread it across the web. Best results can be expected over time. You can also get professional help for hyperlocal delivery solutions by using the services of Yelo. Get in touch with experts now.
Subscribe to our newsletter
'Jungleworks Entrepreneur's Den' to get access to the latest industry & product insights.