Customer Engagement Automation is of prime importance to any company in the world. Whether you have a bunch of customers or you provide across the globe, it is a must. Customer Engagement Automation enables companies to streamline, automate, and measure omnichannel digital marketing tasks and workflows to increase operational efficiency and grow revenue.
In this blog you will learn about:
- Customer Engagement
- Importance of Customer Engagement
- Reasons to Automate Customer Engagement
- Features of Customer Engagement Automation
- Use Cases
“The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.” — John Russell, former MD, Harley Davidson Europe
Customer Engagement is the process of building an emotional connection with customers that sticks. It’s about understanding your audience, delivering what they want when they want it, and ultimately making them feel like you “get” them.
In simple words, it can be regarded as the process of actively establishing, nurturing, and managing customer relationships.
Why is customer engagement important?
Researches have shown that customer engagement improves customer experience and emotional connection which ultimately leads to:
- Brand Loyalty (Pricewaterhouse Coopers states that quality customer engagement can increase brand loyalty by 73%).
- Brand promotion (When a customer is loyal to your brand he promotes it among his friends and peers).
- More sales.
- Increase in revenue (More sales ultimately lead to more revenue. In a study, Gallup Inc. found that a company. practising customer engagement can increase its revenue by 23%).
Reasons to automate Customer Engagement:
Engagement automation enables omnichannel engagement. A customer’s journey isn’t always linear, thus targeting it through multiple channels becomes crucial. Omnichannel engagement allows you to anticipate all possible routes a customer may take to reach you and make smart suggestions based on the prospect’s behaviour.
Context is required for genuine engagements. Automation not only aids in the mapping of the customer journey but also conversion. When a prospect approaches you, having a context beforehand, knowing your and his subsequent conversations, will aid in emotional engagement.
Personalization captivates people more than anything else. If you can add a touch of personalisation to the engagement with the help of previous data, it will leave a lasting impression on the prospects.
Features of Customer Engagement Automation
Automation of Customer Engagement helps you to manage your contacts in one place. You can target them to build strong relationships.
Dividing customers into different groups based on their demography, geography, psychology and behaviour helps you in better understanding your customers. By segmenting your customers you can provide the right product to the right customers.
Go beyond just basic messaging. Automation provides you with an engaging experience for your customers across all channels with the right message at the right time.
- Mobile in-app Messages
- Mobile Push Notifications
- Web Push Notifications
Based on your customers’ behaviour and lifecycle stage you can use journeys to create and deliver a personalized experience to your customers. Doing it across multiple channels makes it icing on the cake.
We all know about Zomato’s marketing. The innovative and instant engagement with customers has made it a brand that everyone talks about. Zomato has grown a lot and people talk more about its campaign than its services. You can also leverage the strategy to engage with your customers like never before.
Analytics can help you make user engagement more efficient by using a data-driven approach. Automation suits identify areas for improvement, track the effectiveness of campaigns, product statistics, and channel performance from a single dashboard.
Use Cases of Customer Engagement Automation
- Welcome Journey
- Incomplete onboarding Journey
- Inactive users Journey / Churned Userbase
- “No order” users Journey
- Lead qualification and follow-ups Journey
- Abandoned cart journey
- Payment Reminders
- Post Sales “Thank You” Journey
- Subscription renewal Reminders/follow-ups Journey
- Promotional Triggers
- Location-based promotional Triggers
- Branding and Seasonal Triggers “Merry Christmas”
- News/Update Triggers
Benefits of Customer Engagement Automation
- Make smart recommendations based on user behaviour
- Curb Cart Abandonment and Boost Recovery: Sales can be maximised by targeting customers
- Minimises Conflicts with customers
- Meet the Needs of the Emerging Demographics – Generation Y
- Consistent Customer Experience
- Improve customer retention by engaging past sales and rewarding your best customers.
- Make customer life easier.
Hippo: One of the best customer engagement automation suits
Businesses can no longer get by with good products and services only. This is true especially in the digital world where businesses and brands need to ensure that they offer good experiences to their customers. According to IT research and advisory company Gartner, “by 2018, more than 50% of customer interactions will be managed without human involvement.
Customer engagement strategies are getting more and more popular these days. Every business is looking for the best customer engagement strategies and suits to implement to increase the profit of their business. If you are looking for such a suit, Hippo is for you.
Hippo is one of the best customer engagement suits available in the market. It helps you to develop your business with real-time data and engage with your customers through an omnichannel approach. It helps you to manage all your customers in one place to improve your sales and profit.
You can learn more about Hippo through our resources or sign up for a demo with our experts.
You can leverage the trial period offer by signing up and getting a 14-day free trial without giving your credit card details.