What is NPNT Compliance?
NPNT or ‘No Permission – No Take-off” is a software program that enables every RPA (except Nano) to obtain valid permissions through digital sky platform before operating in India.
Why NPNT Compliance?
- Due to the Security threats that drones can possess, as they come in all shapes and sizes ranging from nano to large.
- To regulate the drones properly as they not allowed in the red zones and no-go areas like within 5km of airports, military facilities and within 5km of Vijay Chowk in Delhi.
- In the worst scenario, If an NPNT compliant drone tries to breach geo-fencing, the in-built software will compel the drone to return-to-home (RTH).
No Permission No Takeoff
NPNT requires all manufacturers to implement firmware & hardware changes that only allow flights authorized by DGCA to physically take-off.
No drone will be able to fly without first specifying to the DGCA its:
- Intended flight envelope
- Time of flight
- Pilot credentials
Many countries today are using NPNT one such example is Canada they have made their ‘Safety Assured Flight Envelope’ (SAFE).
How NPNT works?
- User installs the Digital Sky App provided by DGCA
- Submit the pilot registration number with all the details of the pilot
- Submit UAV/drone UIN number with all the details
- Request for permission before flying
- UIN, UAOP and the current location is transmitted to the server
- The server checks whether its green zone, yellow zone or red zone
- Checks for other exceptional entries for no permission and the UIN, UAOP validity
- If everything seems OK then the permission is sent with a notification to the user app.
No Permission No Takeoff is a new concept in all over the world for controlling UAV usage and traffic. This is a part of Digital Sky platform released by DGCA India. The user (pilot) have to register himself(with UAOP) and the drone(with UIN) and then install a mobile app to get permission for each flight just before flying.
Subscribe to stay ahead with the latest updates and entrepreneurial insights!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get access to the latest industry & product insights.