How IoT enables mobility in last-mile deliveries via drones
Internet of Things (IoT) is becoming a reality allowing the interconnection of physical devices for sharing feedback and establishing communication networks. This technology is widely expanding to common devices but currently evolving drone industry. Drones are an emerging form of IoT devices, flying in the sky with full network connectivity capabilities. Intelligent drones with reasonable computing skills need the capability to automatically recognize and track objects to free users from the tedious task of controlling.
The need for integrating IoT with drones
The drone market is growing at a CAGR of 17.63% from 2019 to 2022, in simple words expanding at a faster rate. Our skies will soon be filled with swarms of flying bots, IoT can play a major role in controlling the skies of the future.
Customer expectation is evolving with the advent of digitalization. Supply chain and logistics, companies are transforming towards a new era. In response to the changing scenario, innovative technologies are beginning to remodel businesses, streamlining operations and improving efficiency. New players like start-ups or the incumbent customers and suppliers are also shaking up the industry.
Advantages of IoT integrated with drones
The main advantage of using IoT technology in drones is that –
- It offers the capability to perform drone operations from any connected system to the internet network. This allows UAV operators to control drones performing BVLOS flights.
- It makes possible to monitor multiple drone flights from the main control centre.
- IoT enables interconnectivity between multiple drones, with this system flying simultaneously can share information for advance flight modes.
- UAV flight data monitoring is also a key element provided by the integration of IoT in Drones.
Last-mile deliveries – Major key problems
Last-mile delivery is a major issue, especially for the e-commerce industry. Companies operating in the logistics industry faces many unique challenges as a delivery agent operate in different terrains.
- One of the major challenge is the logistical complexity, which consumes a huge amount of capital and time to solve it.
- The imprudent driver behaviour on the road while delivering can delay the whole process and hence reduces customer satisfaction.
- Small deliveries to many places cause complex routing problems. Deliveries are time-bound and are restricted to periods and specific routes.
- The issue of driver availability in certain regions and traffic on the streets lead to deferring in delivery of food and consequently low customer loyalty.
- It is difficult to keep track of every driver or delivery agent which in turn results in inefficiency and late deliveries.
To overcome the above-said problems we intend to partner with Swiggy (business partner for food delivery) and propose the solution of Tida drone deliveries. Our drones are capable of pickup and delivery through an automated system. Integrated with our in-house software Tookan, which is optimised for tracking drones in real-time.
The added advantage of Tida drone delivery
- Trial run for 100 hours of BVLOS flight operations
- Greater accessibility
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Customer satisfaction
- Deliveries in 30 mins or less
- Reduced costly miles driven
We wish to take the first steps towards the future and believe pickup and deliveries is one of the applications which can be optimised the most with the help of drones.
Give your delivery business wings of the future! –