What are you looking for?
How well you categorise your catalogue has a direct impact on the customer’s experience and hence your profit. A well organised catalogue with distinct categories is much more likely to help prospective customers make the purchase than a catalogue which isn’t clearly defined.
For instance, for a food delivery business the categories could be based on time of day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), cuisines (Italian, Mexican, Chinese), specialty product (Exotic Pizzas, Deluxe Pizzas) and more. A home cleaning business can have categories like residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, window cleaning and more.
There are two ways you can add or update categories on your Yelo dashboard.
- You can manually enter the categories by visiting the Products page. The step are as follows:
- Click on the + icon next to the Category card in the Products page
- An Add Category pop-up will appear on the screen. Enter the Category name, update the description and upload a category image and click on Add. The category description and image are optional field.
- Your newly added category will appear under the Category card
- Click on the vertical ellipse (⋮) to edit, disable, delete or add products to the category
- The second way to add categories to your catalogue is by using the CSV import method. CSV is a text file where each line is a data record, separated by a comma. Here’s how you can import your catalogue using CSV:
- Click on the blue Import / Export button on the right corner of the Products page
- A new window that looks like the image below will appear
- Here, click on the Category tab and download the sample CSV file
- Fill in the required details in the sample CSV file for category and save the file
- Import the updated CSV file by dragging and dropping it or by browsing it from your system
- After uploading the CSV, you will receive a CSV Report on your email with the status of the data. If the status is True, the CSV upload is successful and if the status is False, an error message will be shown with the field containing the error
- If you want to update your existing categories using the CSV method, download the Existing CSV by clicking on the button next to Sample CSV. Make the required changes on the existing CSV file and upload it again