What are you looking for?
Setting up of Promo Code
A Promo code is a series of letters and numbers that customers can enter into a promotional box on payment screen to avail some discount on their purchase.
Promotions can be set up from the admin dashboard. In sidebar navigate to Promotions, here you have the option to “Add Promotion” for your app.
In case you have already added promotions, a list is showing under the Promotions tab.
Here you can even edit or delete them
Here is a quick guide on how to use this module in detail:
- Click on the add promotion button, available on the right side of the screen.
- You can either choose a percentage discount or a flat discount. (Percentage discount as the name suggests refers to X% discount to be applied on the order as opposed to Flat Discount which would mean an X “amount” of discount on the order. Flat Discount is a static discount while a percentage discount would vary as per the order amount)
- Give your promotion code a personalized name. It helps in making the promo code more readable to your customers. For example; if you wish to offer a certain discount on an occasion or festival; you can give a relevant name to the promo code. For a discount offer of 10% on Christmas; you can name it XMAS10 and likewise.
- You can also add a detailed description of the promo code. This will again add more clarity to the discount promo for your customers.
- The separate block for the time frame allows you to customize the validity of your promo code. As per your specific requirements; you can keep on customizing the validity of the code. For example, you can set up a promo code valid for 24 hours or for a month-long. All you need to do is set the time and date while setting up the duration of the code validity.
- You would also have the option of setting up minimum and maximum discount amounts to ensure the promo codes aren’t used in an incorrect manner. You should ideally set a higher limit to the number of times the code can be used as well.
- You can also decide to either keep your promo visibility public or hidden. A hidden promo code will be valid only for certain customers (You can share the promo code via email or SMS to them). On the contrary, if you choose to keep your promo code public or automatically applicable; every customer will be able to use it.
- A Promo Code can be configured if it is a one-time use code or can be used multiple times by the same customer. When choosing the multiple-times option, you can also define a maximum capping to the number of times this promo code can be used.
- You also have the capability to decide on the level at which the promo code has to be applied. For some use cases you would want to make it on a particular Product, for other use cases, it is relevant to be configured on the subtotal (Total amount minus taxes, cess, and surcharges, etc.), you can also apply it just on the delivery charge.