The auto assignment is done based on two parameters:
- Nearest agent (based on displacement)
- Available agent (based on the time slot)
Based on your business requirement, you can set the push notification which is sent to the agents, in one of the following ways:
One by One
(Request goes to one agent (nearest & available) first and if the timer runs out or if the agent declines the task, it goes to the second best option. You can set the timer in the workflows)
Send to all
(Request is sent to all the available agents and whosoever accepts/ acknowledges the task first will receive it)
Batch wise auto assignment works in the form of push notification. After enabling this feature, the tasks are assigned automatically and the manager can focus on key focus areas of the business like marketing and sales.
This feature is available on the Workflow settings page, (Menu > Settings > Auto Allocation). Select Batch Wise for setting the Batch Configuration.
The details about each and every parameter for Batch configuration is below:
- 1. Start Radius – This is the starting minimum radius from the task location within which the system will search for available agents based on their current location.
- 2. Radius Increment – This is the value via which the system will change its searching radius with each batch.For e.g. Searching radius for the 3rd attempt = Start radius + 3*Radius increment
- 3. Maximum Radius – In all attempts, searching radius value will go to a maximum value of Maximum radius (can be defined by the manager based on business workflow)
- 1. Batch Processing Time – This is the time (seconds) after which the system will generate a new batch and start sending requests to the next batch of agents. For e.g. if it’s value is 10 secs, then the system will generate a new batch every 10 seconds and send requests to the agents that were filtered in that batch, until either there are no available agents left (who have already been sent a request) or somebody has accepted the task. If the task is not accepted by anyone, its status will remain as unassigned task.
- 2. Request Time – This is the time available to the agent on his application when he receives a notification for the task. For e.g. if the value is 30 secs, then the agent will get 30 seconds to accept the task. In the meantime, if the task is accepted by another agent, then this agent will get a notification that the task has been already been accepted.
- 1. Maximum Batch Size – This is the maximum count of agents who will be sent a request in an attempt. For e.g. if in the first system attempt, there are 10 available agents within the starting radius, but the Maximum Batch Size was equal to 5 agents, then the request will be sent only to top 5 agents, sorted by distance.
- 2. Maximum Batch Limit – This is the maximum number of attempts the system will try to search for an agent, before giving the message for Unable to Auto Assign.
If Auto Assignment fails, then the Dashboard gets a notification and tasks shows the option to Retry Auto Assignment, and send a round of notifications back to the available agents. We also send an email to the account owner notifying about the event.
Some other miscellaneous features regarding the feature are as follows:
- 1. When searching for available agents, system automatically filters out people who already have a task overlapping with the task whose assignment is in progress
- 2. Agents are sorted by a weighted average of proximity from the task and no. of tasks that he already has, but high priority for the proximity parameter
- 3. Every Agent is sent a request only once during one cycle of auto assignment batch wise
This new auto assign configuration allows for force assigning the tasks to your agents based on following two params:
- 1. Maximum number of tasks
- 2. Radius Limit
The system searches for all the available agents within the radius limit around the task location. It sorts the agents based on the number of tasks assigned to the agent and distance from the task location (in 40-60 ratio respectively), filters out all those agents whose tasks’ count is greater than the maximum number of tasks for that day (for which the task is being scheduled). The agent on top of this list is assigned the task.
If the system is not able to find any person in the given radius limit, then it searches the nearest agent outside the radius limit and assigns the task to that agent, however still maintaining the maximum number of tasks limit for each agent.
The task will be left unassigned, only if no agent with lesser number of tasks is available.
This new auto assign configuration allows to assign task to the nearest available agent. You could define the maximum radius here.
Note: If you have enabled Auto Allocation in Account Setup, you can still choose to manually assign a task by deselecting Assign Automatically option in the Create Task pop-up. If your task is in unassigned category and says ‘unable to Auto Assign’, it means that the task request went to every available agent, but no one was available or accepted it. Now human intervention is required i.e. admin manually needs to assign the task to an agent.